The 2009 Feudi di San Gregorio Greco di Tufo “Cutizzi”was among the best Italian wines of 2010
You might be wondering why in the first week of April I’m writing about the best wines and producers of 2010. The reason is timing – I’ve just published the Spring issue of my Guide to Italian Wines, which is my annual issue of the previous year’s best Italian wines and producers.
Subscribers received this issue last week and I am offering this issue to readers of this blog for $10 (see below for details). There are dozens of wines from various regions of Italy that I listed as among the finest of 2010, including the 2009 Feudi di San Gregorio Greco di Tufo “Cutizzi” mentioned above. Here are a few others that made the list:
- Bellavista Gran Cuvée “Pas Opere” 2004
- Elena Walch Gewurztraminer “Kastelaz” 2009
- Livon “Braide Alte” 2008
- Planeta “Cometa” 2009
- Pieropan Soave Classico “La Rocca” 2008
- Produttori del Barbaresco “Rio Sordo” 2005
- Renato Ratti Barolo “Rocche” 2006
- Il Palazzone Brunello di Montalcino 2005
- Abraxas Passito di Pantelleria 2008
In total, there are 90 wines that made the list. Of these, there are:
- 12 whites from Friuli
- 16 wines (white and red) from Campania
- 4 bottlings of 2005 Brunello di Montalcino (and three bottlings of 2004 Brunello Riserva)
- 3 Bolgheri Superiore from 2007
- 10 Barolo from 2006
- 6 Barbaresco from 2007
- 2 examples of Aglianico del Vulture
Sergio Germano, Az. Agr. Ettore Germano, Serralunga d’Alba (Photo ©Tom Hyland)
In this issue, I have also listed my choices as the Top 12 Italian Producers of 2010. One of the few rules I have is that I do not list a producer in consecutive years; however they can be producers that were selected in the past.
Ettore Germano is among the best Italian producers of 2010 as is Ca’Rugate from the Veneto. There are 10 other producers that made the list. To learn the names of the other producers as well as the wines that were selected as the best of 2010, this issue is available (via email in pdf format) for $10. If you’d like, you can also start a yearly subscription for $30. Email me (info here) for information on how to subscribe.